A friend mistakenly started a massive (50? 100?) group message on Facebook. After the initial admission of “I created this by mistake,’ people started replying (to all) that they would like to be removed (which is something you have to do yourself) and others began asking, “How do you do leave a group message?”
Below are the steps for doing this from the full version of the Facebook website. The mobile site doesn’t seem to offer this functionality and while this can probably be done from the mobile app, I don’t use it so can’t provide much guidance.
- Click on “Messages” on the left hand side.
- Click on the message you want to leave.
- At the top of the screen, there’s a box labeled “+ New Message.”
- Next to that, there’s a smaller box with what looks like either a gear or a sunburst. Click that.
- A list of options will appear.
- Click “Leave Conversation.”
- Confirm that you want to leave.